Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Year of the "New Me"

I have been working hard this year to become a new-better-me. I want to be the best mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, gardener, home-maker, baker, encourager I can be. I don't want to start tomorrow or Friday - I want to start today and yesterday. And, I must say that I am on my way... I have lost some weight. I cut my hair. I am more patient with KayLynn. However, I am disappointed in myself.

I DO NOT read my bible faithfully... And, of course, if I am not communing with the Lord faithfully - how can I do the other things well?

I have decided to make a pact with myself (and the Lord) to get up earlier each day to have my quiet time with the Lord. This means on weekdays I will be getting up at 4:30AM. So, I am going to pull out my coffee maker (buy some coffee) and get started... Please pray for me as I try to make this aspect of my life the best it can be as well!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Quite a few times during the week I (try to)get up at 5. I can't and don't think of it as FIVE in the morning!!! You need to think of it as your quiet time however long or short it may be. It's your souls' nourishment for that day which is quite necessary. I will be praying for you. You can do it, God will help you! :)