Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tristan Update

There is much for which to be thankful. Kaeley and Tristan both got a solid 7 hours of sleep last night. I am sure that you know how helpful sleep is at a time like this. I was not able to be of assistance last night like I had hoped, however, for good reason. Kaeley's boyfriend Mat has really shown his true colors, standing by her and helping with Tristan. He and I got to the hospital last night at the same time and he was so amazing at calming both Tristan and Kaeley (and Kaeley leans on him :) ) that I was not needed. As I told him, I feel a bittersweet sort of feeling that she may not need me in the same capacity anymore. Although he was apologetic, I am happy that there relationship is going so well and that he seems to be such a great guy - I know we all like him. So, since he had it all under control I left and got a good night of sleep myself!!

Another thing to be grateful for is that Tristan had many dirty diapers last night, meaning that his blockage seems to be corrected!!

Today Tristan had some more tests to determine what caused the seizures that started this whole mess. Kaeley is now in the process of weighing the pluses and minuses of seizure medication. This is a huge decision, so pray for her confidence and peace of mind.

It looks like they will be (possibly) getting out of the hospital tomorrow. I will let you know more when I hear.

No comments: