Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

From House Mouse to Field Mouse

Oh the joys of owning your own home. A few weeks ago I was in the bathroom in the middle of the night and I was sure I saw a rat, or a mouse or something that was gross. However, the next morning, I wondered if it had been a dream. Nope. A week or so later I was up late on the computer in the living room, and across the floor ran a mouse! Let me first tell you how disguted I was. Although this is not surprising as all of our basement windows are broken (we are in the midst of getting bids to get new windows), it was still very un-nerving. Well, tonight I saw our little friend again, and made Max get him. And actually he was pretty cute! We baited him with cheese and Max got him in the cup that I got at the hospital when I was in labor... We took the mouse, which we (Max) named Nermal, to the nearby field and let him go. We threw the cup away because I just couldn't see ever drinking out of that again! But here is a picture of our three minute pet...



3 comments:

Leanne said...

YIKES!!!! We have actually had our fair share of mice this past year, but thankfully only in our basement. Over the winter months we managed to catch over a dozen of them. Suppose you could say they went from being house mice to Heaven mice.

sarah said...

OH my!! YUCK!!!! Please tell me you threw the cup away!!
Mice totaly creep me out!

LeFebvre Momma said...

There is no way I would ever drink out of that cup again, even though it was my favorite, it went out with the mouse!