Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Single-Married-Soccer Mom…One Year!

That’s right folks, I went from single and care free, to in love and married, to soccer mom, in just over a year! Due to our many car issues - both Max's and mine, we bought the Savages old minivan! That’s right, I am the proud owner of a minivan. I can fit Max, KayLynn, Beider, Cricket, groceries, stroller, and myself into one vehicle!! I have been getting used to driving such a big vehicle. All of my car-owning career, I have had little cars. I feel enormous in the van. I am still learning how to parallel park, and back up in it! But, the car has heated seats and automatic everything! It is the most fancy car I have ever owned!!

BUSY BUSY BUSY

I don't think that I have ever been as busy in my life as I have been these last few weeks!! It seems like it never ends! I am thankful that school will be finished on June 6th, with just my computer final left for the evening of the 11th! It will be so nice to have a little more time right before the baby is here to catch my breath - and, of course, to get lots done. I will still be working three days a week, but that leaves me with lots of time the other four days.

So much to do, so little time

I have these huge lists for myself to get finished before she gets here. However, I usually plan a little much considering the house and the dogs still have to be taken care of. Yesterday I got everything in the baby's room put away in its place. I have a few more things to wash, and then we are ready! I love looking in that room, because it is so cheerful, it seems almost un-real that a little girl will be living with us soon. I can't wait to see what she looks like, and learn all about her. Max is still Mr. Excited about this little one. He gets almost giddy when he sees other dads, or babies. I can't wait to see how in love with her he will be when he sees her. A lady at church was telling me that she really didn’t feel like a complete family until she had kids, I think I am beginning to understand her a little. It has been a pretty selfish world for Max and I, with the earth revolving around the two of us.

I already know some of the lessons that the Lord will be teaching me with KayLynn. The biggest will probably be to not be selfish. I have enjoyed being spoiled by my husband and my parents. My world really has revolved around me. But now, they will all love the baby! Oh well, fun lessons!!

1 comment:

Hinman said...

You are very busy..but I'm thankful for your bus ride because we get to talk. I love you guys!!