Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oh where, oh where, have my tummy muscles gone…Oh where, oh where can they be?

I work out almost everyday with my husband - so I know that I have abdomen muscles. However, they are completely useless in pregnancy. When I try to roll over or get up out of bed, I am pretty sure that those very muscles have been stolen. The movement is not painful, just fruitless. I am slowly coming to grips with the fact that any muscles that I used to have between my rib cage and my hips, no longer exist to help me move easily. I am really not complaining. It could be worse, I could be in pain but I'm not!

I am also becoming a very clutsy person. I trip while I am walking in a straight line and wearing flat shoes. I don't think there is any help for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max and I have been talking about how quickly this all seems to be going. Yesterday he was saying that he can't believe that I might actually call him at work in a few weeks and tell him he needs to come home! It is funny that when you we got pregnant, I kept thinking, "Oh nine months! That is sooo much time to get ready." I was so naive. I keep thinking about how easy (relatively) pregnancy and birth is, compared the responsibility that comes after. I mean we are actually going to bring this little one home with us. So unlike babysitting! But, we are both pretty excited about this little girl!

4 comments:

Hinman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hinman said...

Tag!

Hinman said...

Tag!

sarah said...

I feel your pain!! Our tummys have given up and our backs are working overtime!