Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

3 1/2 miles…Too long??

Well, yesterday was so beautiful that Max and I decided to take the dogs for a walk. Well, almost three hours later - I was beat! I could not believe how a little over three and a half miles can so completely exhaust you. The walk was exciting for the dogs, as they had never been on that side of town. Cricket is fun to walk because even if she doesn't know where she is going, she is always intent on getting there! Beider, on the other hand, has to be dragged up hills, and pulled back down hills. Of course, it is fun to hear all the little kids yell, "Look at that dalmation!" We did stop at the dog park for about 25 minutes and the dogs got to play with 2 pitbulls, 1 great dane (3 months) and a 3 year old dalmation. We had never seen another dalmation in the area so that was fun. Apparently this girl just got the dog from the humane society recently. So, now Beider is no longer the one and only! That’s ok, he's pretty old, so its probably good to have a young one around as well!

After our advantagious walk, both dogs and I crashed. Probably the best sleep I have had in a long time! I did have to take a hot bath later because all of my muscles were sore, but I feel great today, so it was all worth it!

No comments: