Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Bouncy Place

For those of you interested the bouncy place is in the supermall.  It is $6 a kid (which I realise is a lot for those of you with a lot of kids!) for 90 minutes.  They have 5 (?) bouncy rooms, one is for kids just 5 and under. 

It is really great fun for the kids but there are a few downfalls.  For the most part it is very open and you can see everything, but there is bathroom in the back corner behind one of the bouncy rooms.  While that is convenient it made me wary of taking my eyes off KayLynn for even a second.  With more than one child this would be frustrating but if you could keep them in one house at a time it would be fine!

The only other thing that bothered me is that other kids are brats.  one kid pushed KayLynn down really hard twice.  I had to yell to him to get his attention and tell him to keep his hands off her.  I was kinda amazed at what parents would let their kids do.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think K is perfect - and I don't think your kids are perfect, but parents weren't even trying to teach their kids to be patient.  I was teaching KayLynn to wait her turn and be polite to other kids, while the rest of them were just pushing and shoving to get their turns!  I was amazed when a few of them pushed me out of the way.  When I was their age there was no way I would ever treat an adult like that without a parent saying something to me.  Welcome to the real world I guess!!

However, all that aside it was great fun, and after 1 hour and 15 minutes KayLynn was exhausted.  Those two things that made me nervous were very small and I was able to get over it and enjoyed watching KayLynn have to much  fun!

No comments: