Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Mother's Knees

Do any of you find that your knees get more work now that you are a mother? From finding toys under the couch for the child saying, "where did it go?" to getting down on her level when she is talking to me, I am always on my knees. More importantly, I am on my knees when I am pleading with my Savior for/with/about KayLynn. My daughter has taught me to pray like I have never prayed before. When she can't sleep I pray that the Lord will help her to be still; when she cries I pray that the Lord will give me patience; when she goes to bed I pray that the Lord will keep her safe while she sleeps and always I pray that the Lord will help us to teach her about Him. I find myself on my knees begging with the Lord to help me to deal with this amazingly wonderful responsibility that He has given me. Because without His help, how would we do it?

1 comment:

Haley said...

This post reminds me of something I read in 'Eusebius Church History' (written in 300 AD). Someone- I think it may have been the apostle John, but I'm not sure- had knees that were described as being as hard as a camel's because he was on them so much, praying.