Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

10 (+/-) weeks and counting...

What to do with myself?!?! Max and I are getting more used to me not sleeping, it basically just means that I nap when I can - when I am not at work or at school. However, this also means that my husband has almost no wife at all. You know the helpless feeling of watching someone be sick? The feeling that you just wish you could make it better? Well, in my few short moments of married life, I have learned that this feeling is a million times worse when you are a man. Because, of course, they have to fix it! Well, I hate watching Max, watch me, be uncomfortable. He probably asks me thirty times an evening, if I am OK. But I try to patiently assure my husband that I am going to make it and there is nothing he can do to make it better. I almost (ALMOST) feel worse for him. Of course, I get lots of back and foot massages, because he feels that is something he CAN do to ease the discomfort!

I do praise the Lord daily that even though pregnancy is not thrilling every second, we have not had a single concern as far as KayLynn's health. And I would gladly go through any of the discomfort or sickness for the full nine months to always have that true.

Max and I have started talking about the things that we "can't wait for." One of the things that I am looking forward to is seeing this tiny little one in my husbands large arms. He is looking forward to actually getting to see the little arms and legs kicking around that he's been feeling in my belly. Well, only a few weeks left to wait.

3 comments:

Hinman said...

I love the new blog!!! It is great to add pics of your wedding. I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. I will be praying for you. Miss you soooooo much.

sarah said...

Love the new blog look! Not too much longer!! I can relate to not sleeping. I think the Lord prepares us for bringing baby home because if you think your not sleeping now-just wait!!! Pretty soon she will be waking both of you! Your right it is worth much more than even 9 months to greet a healthy little angel. I can't wait to meet her. She and Jack will be buddies!!

Kjerste said...

Lots of people will tell you that the last ten weeks are the longest, but I think they're wrong! They absolutely flew by for me. Before you know it, you'll have a little tiny baby in your arms, looking up at you with big, beautiful eyes...and you'll never be the same again! I get so excited thinking about it, it makes me want to do it all over again today!