Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Valentines Day and 4th of July

are the names of the new members of our family! Because Saturday was so beautiful, I spent the day in the yard. Actually it was the perfect kind of outside weather - not too hot and not too cold! We have two huge ugle stumps in our front yard and I have not wanted to deal with getting them out of the ground, so much work and then all the dirt we would have to buy to fill the wholes. Well, I decided that I wanted to get climbing roses and plant them around the stumps so that in a few years we would have beautiful roses to stare at, not sutmps. So, Shari and I went to the Portland Ave Nursery, and found two roses. The first is names Valentines Day because that is the day that Max propsed, it is deep beautiful red. The second is named Fourth of July because that was the closest to our wedding date and KayLynn's birthday (whenever that is!) and it is supposed to be white and red. Its like having a little bit of our history in our front lawn. They are supposed to bloom sometime in June, but they wont start covering the stumps for two or three years, so they will grow with our little KayLynn. Here are some pictures of what the roses are supposed to end up looking like!

Fourth of July

Valentines Day

6 comments:

Hinman said...

They are beautiful!!! What a great thing to put in your yard...they will always remind you of your family. I hope everything is going well. I miss you-B

sarah said...

So pretty!! We worked (mostly joe while I chased joey) out in the yard too on Saturday. I bought a "Joey rose" when joey was born and now I am researching a jack plant-there are tons of jack named plants so I will pick one for the yard when he comes along. I think it is a fun tradition.

LeFebvre Momma said...

That is kinda the reason that we got the roses. Unfortunately I had too much of an idea of what I wanted - Shari really wanted to find a KayLynn plant!! Maybe I can find something

Dana said...

Tina, they look great, that's nice that they had some blooms on them so you could see what colors they will both be like.

Anonymous said...

At our first house we had 3 mums that had been given to us when each of the children were born - a purple one with Sarah, a yellow one with Rebekah and a white one with Joshua. It is fun to have something in the yard to remind you.

Ali Tong said...

They're beautiful! (Especially the 4th of July one!)