Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rich and Famous...

I remember when I was little, my sister and I used to talk about when we were, "rich and famous." (I just learned that is the grammatical rule in America - period or question mark then quotes, regardless!) We were sure that all of our hopes and dreams would be fulfilled. Well, as I think about my hopes and dreams at the time... Ice cream for breakfast, getting to play in the park instead of going to school, getting to eat nothing except pizza for the rest of my life, never having to work but having all the money I want, getting to go to wild waves everyday... the dreams of a child. I am very happy to report that instead of my dreams coming true - the dreams of those who love me, are coming true. And, of course, I am rich and famous.

Such Riches. I am saved by a merciful and gracious Savior. I have a church body that is more support than most people have in a lifetime! I have five dynamically different sets of parents who are each a blessing in their own way. I have a family who I am happy to say holds my dearest friends. I have a loving and godly husband. I have two cutely irritating dogs. I am about to become a mother - one of my greatest dreams. There are many in the world who cannot boast of such riches.

Oh the fame! As some of you may know, I became a model soon after my wedding. One of the photographers from my/Michael's wedding, Natasha, asked me to modal my wedding dress for her as she was putting together a show for a gallery entitled, "Fearless Bride." Well, I did, and it was so much fun. Some of you have seen the pictures as they are online. Well, Natasha is finally debuting her show in Seattle. So, on March 6th at the Alchemy Gallery in Pioneer Square people will see me! One of the most random things I have ever done, but I had so much fun, and now I can't wait to see the show. She photographed seven brides in different places around Seattle and Tacoma, it will be fun to see her talent showcased.

1 comment:

Hinman said...

I can't wait to go!!