Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

GIRL v. BOY

On February 21st we will be doing the ultrasound that shows (hopefully) if the baby is a girl or a boy. Of course, if the baby refuses to cooperate, then we will know that he/she got my husbands personality!! Max and I will be so happy to be able to stop calling the baby, "Jr." or the ever hated, "IT".
Now I know that it cannot be a hundred percent, but I am still so excited!!! It will be interesting to see who is right about this particular issue. I know that Max is convinced it is a boy, so we will see if he has some sort of unexplainable connection! My sister, Mandy says that she has a sister connection and she thinks it is a boy! I have no idea what the child is. Although, many friends and co-workers say that they were sick when pregnant with boys, and not with girls!
The other evening Max and I were discussing the boys name. In order to make it easier to decide, max gave a lecture. He tried the names that we have been thinking about to see which one would fit best into, "You need to be a strong, godly, man. We named you _____ because it is a strong name!". Although it made for a pleasant time for me, it did not help him decide.
We have decided that if we are having a girl her name is Kaylynn Alexandra. The first name was chosen because my mothers middle name is Lynn, while my grandma's, aunt Tam's, aunt Cynthia's, cousin Ali's and my middle names are all Kay (although I know Ali's is spelled Kaye!). The middle name is after Max, whose middle name is Alexander - and of course Ali!!
If the baby is a boy the middle name will be James after max (Jim Roland) and my (James Gronewold) dads. The first name is to come.

4 comments:

Ali Tong said...

I love the girls name. I hope it's a girl so you can name her after me. :)

Hinman said...

Feb 21st is sooo soon. I can't wait to find out. Love you-B

The G's said...

You know, when you start letting us in on your name possibilities you automatically ask for people's opinions. I think Al would be a nice boy's name, you know in honor of your dear old friend (ME, in case you didn't catch that hint), or we would even be happy with Nathaniel, Nate, Nathan, you know, just take your pick.

Did you already have a poll on your blog for people to vote about boy or girl?? You totally should. I would definately vote.

Can't wait to hear what you are having, but probably no where near as much as you!!

Love ya

sarah said...

Hi Tina, My ultrasound is the Feb 21st too :)!!! I can't wait to find out either. I told Joe I want our names picked before then so we can leave calling him/her their name. Just for the record with your co-worker opinions I was not sick at all with Joey, but this one has made me really sick. A few friends told me to eat a candy bar and drink OJ about an hour before (the sugar apparently makes them hyper in utaro as well as when they're out of the womb).