Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Enjoying the Christmas Chear!

What a whirlwind few weeks we have had. So many opportunities to celebrate the birth of our Lord and the upcoming new year. Max and I enjoyed getting to see all of the family, but we were equally happy to head home for naps. Being a government employee I have been spoiled all of my working years assuming that I have holidays and usually the day before/after off from work - with pay! However, I have had a wake-up call being married to a man in sales! My wonderful husband was spending the majority of his time working hard to make sure that the baby and I are fully supported. What a blessing to have a husband who takes his job seriously. I cannot imagine being married to anyone else.

We were able to go to Tam and James’ house for a Christmas Eve party, full of games, food and laughter. The food was especially fun now that I am over my nausea! We went to the 11:00pm service (candlelit) at church – which I have to admit, I almost did not stay awake! This baby just takes all my energy-who knew! Christmas Day we had lunch at Jim and Shari’s home (Max’s parents), and it was so delicious. We had tamales. I was being so careful-knowing that we were going to Aunt Diana’s for prime rib, I had only half of each course, but they kept coming. Suffice to say, except for three bites of amazing prime rib, I ate nothing else that day. Max was happy because his childhood friend Nick was there and because I had forgotten to tell him, it was a nice surprise. After Jim and Shari’s we went to Aunt Diana’s and enjoyed time opening gifts, eating and playing with the kids – you know we need practice.

After all of that we went home and slept most of the rest of that day! I will put up some pictures of the parties later!!

1 comment:

Hinman said...

We enjoyed spending time with you guys too!