Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Almost half way started!

I would say almost half done, but as we all know having the baby is not the end - its the beginning. Max and I were talking about how amazingly fast these few months have gone - and how much faster the next few will go, no doubt. And in two weeks we find out if we are having Kaylynn or Magnus.

I had decided after I was through with my wedding dress to use the material for christening gowns for my children. So, I started sewing the christening gown for the baby - actually all I have done is the bonnet. I was amazed at how long it takes to destroy a wedding dress. I had to take all the pieces apart and then wash them. I cannot believe how dirty it was, actually when I remember all the tramping around at the park, railroads, western state and the waterfront - it is pretty impressive that it was only that dirty!

When I showed Max the christening gown picture he let me know how adamant he was that no boy (should we have a boy) of his is going to be wearing a dress! I tried to explain that it is fine for a baby to wear a dress regardless of gender - but he was having none of that. I was forced to pick out a nice romper pattern to ease his mind. I have decided to make a gown and romper, that way we will have whatever we need now - and in the future.

With that done there are only a few other things that we have to do to get ready for the baby. We still have to get the room ready which we are going to do on the last week/weekend of March. I am out of classes that week so I will have a little time! Hopefully that gives us enough time to figure out what to do with the "computer room" stuff!

4 comments:

Hinman said...

Could you send me pictures of the baby's room?? I can't believe you are half way through with the pregnancy. Have you guys completely decided the names?

sarah said...

Joe would agree no boy should wear a dress-no matter what the occasion!

Alicia said...

I knew of another girl who made a quilt for her baby out of her wedding dress and it was such a sweet, and beautiful idea! so what was that first cut like? did it freak you out!?!? I just don't know if I have the guts to do that, as special as it would be, of course having it yellow in the back of my closet isn't very special either, so it might be something i look into.

Kjerste said...

Happy halfway point!

You can tell your husband that I'm sorry, but if I ever have a boy, he most definitely will be baptized in a gown.....with smocking on it to boot! :D