Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bottles


How many bottles do I need to have for the baby? I am not sure if it makes any difference that He/She will be with Aunt Tam one day a week and with Shari (mother in law) one day a week. I am praying that I am able to breastfeed when I am home, and bottle feed when the baby is with the grandmothers. It would be nice if the baby learns to go back and forth, from what I have studied, that is possible, it just takes some teaching! I will be home for two months, so it will give me a little time with just breastfeeding. All that to say - how many bottles do I need to have? And, do I need to get special containers to hold extra milk? Any other tips and helps would be great!

6 comments:

sarah said...

Hi Tina, I used bottles only with Joey and I would go through about 8-9 a day especially during the first 3 months. After that probably 6 a day. The hard part was getting them washed and sterilized (especially important during their first 6 mo.) before the next day. My suggestion is get LOTS! That way you have pleanty on hand and the brand I have had held up really well so I won't need to buy more for the next baby.

LeFebvre Momma said...

Sarah, what brand are you using?

Sarah said...

If you're storing breastmilk in large quantities in the freezer, I've had great success with the Lansinoh brand storage bags. They have two zippers and are easy to pour. I also love the Medela breastpump and storage bottles. They can take most standard sized nipples and are bisphenol-A free. If you want a BPA free bottle, the Playtex nursers are really nice, PLUS you don't have to sterilize the whole bottle, just the nipple, cap and ring. You do have to buy liners though, so I guess it's a trade off...

Ali Tong said...

Congrats! So when are we going to throw you the best baby shower EVER?!

sarah said...

soothie baby bottles

Anonymous said...

The soothies are at Target