Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chronicles of Unwasted Time...

Since I have been given all this extra time to get ready for the baby, I have been trying to take advantage of it! I get so much done everyday - it almost makes me feel that I should do more when I am not pregnant!! Oh well. Anyway, I have been doing very important things like getting a pedicure (wouldn't want the doc to see unkept feet!), making sure that everything is picked up each night before we go to bed, nothing gets left till the morning anymore (I wouldn't want to have to come home to a dirty house), making sure that all the laundry is kept done(who wants to have to go to the hospital naked to have a child??), packing my hospital bag (we realised that we should do that now that she could be here anytime!), and last but not least, finishing the christening gown.

I am so happy that the gown turned out so well. For those of you who are seamstresses (Sarah, Grandma, Aunt Cynthia, Aunt Diana...), please don't look too closely. I lost my zipper foot for my machine, and had to do that part by hand. This was only my fourth project, first was a blanket, second was a book and third was a straight skirt - which I finished just before I started gaining pregnancy weight. So, this was quite the undertaking for me. It took me a long time and I had to re-do parts of the dress, several times. I have not finished the bonnet yet, and at this point pulling it all out again just makes me a little sick - so maybe she will be bonnet-less, it is summer after all.

Of course, I am praying that she fits into the dress, with as long as she is waiting to come out, she could be fifteen pounds, and I would have to get her something else to wear! But I will cross my fingers.

I am so glad that I finished it though, it is now a remembrance of my wedding, and a (soon) baptism. I plan to embroider KayLynn's initials on the back when she is baptised. I do want to wait until she is here though because, who knows she may not be KayLynn - you can never be too sure. Here is the picture of the dress.

3 comments:

jbhinman said...

It is soooo pretty. Great job. Love you lots

sarah said...

Wow!! Very ambitious! It looks fantastic. I am hoping the baby comes Sunday-my b-say!!

Dana said...

Tina it's beautiful! Good job for your 4th project!!