Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

If I wasn't convinced before, I am now. The pain during delivery has to be completely worth it. Of course, you might have to remind me of this!! Yesterday I was at work doing an amazingly boring project. I had to copy, hole punch, fasten together and bind a 949 page document 5 times! As I am sure you can imagine, I had a lot of time on my hands while pages were copying. While I was waiting, I sat staring at my belly. Mostly I was just day dreaming, but all of a sudden it moved! I wasn’t quite sure of myself so I kept staring – yep, it moved again. The only thing bad about that moment is that there was no one to tell or show! I had to be amazed all by myself. So I thank the Lord for this little one inside me even if it may take pain to be able to hold her.

On another note, we had a baby shower at church the other night for Rachel Moore. She is about a million months pregnant (due in 1.5 weeks)! She is also having a girl. Aubree Dawson did the devotion for her, and I loved it. She started out with the fact that the Lord even has enough mercy to help us deal with child birth while still honoring Him. We can still have the fruits of the spirit while giving birth. We can have, “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” I am praying now that the Lord would help me to exhibit these qualities when he decides to bring Kaylynn into this world.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I have never had those thoughts while in labor before, but what a nice place to put your focus. Maybe I have never had time to have any thoughts at all during labor...j/k. :)