Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Chocolate Fiasco

Everyone talks about the craving mad pregnant woman, well up to this point I was sure that I knew what a craving was. Well let me know tell you that I had no idea. Today I have the day off. I decided that I would go get some chocolate syrup. However, I couldn't think of anything to put the syrup on (I have an escalating allergy to milk, so no ice cream!). I was at Albertsons and they don't have milk-free ice cream. SO, as I walked down every aisle of the store I started to cry because I couldn't think of anything to eat with it. I thought maybe I should just eat the dang syrup by itself. But, don't worry, I found some soy milk and I am now sitting here enjoying my chocolate milk. So...now I know. THAT is a craving!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

yikes, that DOES sound desperate. No matter what state they are in, you must never keep a woman from her chocolate. I never break down and decide I am going to eat chocolate unless I need it STAT, so by the time I actually find some, I am very ready to eat it.

You may have already discovered this, but Lactaid pills are a staple around the Gutierrez household. They make us able to eat dairy products with confidence and ease!

Erika said...

It makes me sad just to picture you crying walking down the isles of Albertson's. And Lactaid is a Skrivan favorite too...also Land O'Lake sells lactose free milk, that tastes like milk. Amazing if you ask me.