Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years

oh wow, what a year! It seems like so much more than a year has been fit into the last twelve months, or more precisely...the last six months! So, lets see...new years resolutions... I love the idea and the practicality of resolutions. Think that every person should like the idea of consistently refocusing ones life on the important things. i dont think hat anything need be terribly specific, but to remind ourselves of our priorities is great, for me at least. I often tend to forget and think that I am the most important thing. So, I tend to make both general and specific resolutions as well as personal and family resolutons, that way I can reach at least some of them! My verse to focus on this year is Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (KJV) Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates. For my family I am praying that we get into a better pattern of family worship and learning of the Bible. KayLynn has been doing well in her catechism memorization, but I want to add to that more Bible verses and hymns so that her arsenal is full and that she has truth to lean on and go to all during her life. I want Logan (and KayLynn) to grow up in a house where the Bible is used everyday. In response to very good advice I will be trying to put up verses everywhere in my home so that I can concentrate on them all day...especially in the moments when my body must be still. I want to meditate on it day and night. This last year I did better at seeing and spending time with women and I want to continue that this year by setting specific time to be with my cousins, siblings and other friends as well. I think it is good for my mental health as well as giving me good parenting help! Then, of course, there is fitness. I will be learning what fitness looks like in a family of four, where children are often grumpy, tired or sick and mommy needs the time, to be healthy. And to have some time that is for me in an ever busy life, where time away from my children is not often easily obtained.

No comments: