Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thank the Lord for your children.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Last night I went to the grocery store to finish up some Thanksgiving dinner shopping. As I was walking toward the potatoes a woman walked into me. Let me just tell you she was this tiny little thing – maybe about the same as Kjerste Whaley. She was very sorry – in fact she would not stop apologizing. She was worried that KayLynn was hurt. After trying to convince her that we were both fine and extricating myself from her KayLynn and I continues shopping. We ran into this woman probably five times in different aisles. The last time she finally asked to see the baby (who is “so adorable…look at those eyes!”), and told me that she is pregnant. This is her third, her first being 14 years old and the send, ten years old. She then told me that she was thinking about not keeping the baby. I could not believe that someone would be so bold as to tell a complete stranger that they were thinking of killing their unborn child because it really was not convenient. We talked for a while, and she told me all of her reasons for not wanting this child… “It’s so hard, “…“I already had my children,”…“I am so old (30 for those of you wondering),”…”I’m just not sure I can do it again.” It was so hard for me not to just be appalled. I realized that the Lord probably put my cart in her way for a reason. Well – no probably about it – HE DID IT. I told her what a blessing children are no matter what the timing. I told her how surprised and scared we were when we got pregnant. I am not sure that she listened to what I had to say, but I am praying for her – that maybe the Lord will work in heart to keep this child of hers. Please pray for her with me.

No comments: