Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

I love being a mother. There is no other vocation in the world that will so happily break your heart. Each day I my daughter teaches me how to love, how to laugh and how to live. Her eager desire to enjoy her surroundings to the fullest spur me on to do better, to be better. In mothering my daughter I get the tiniest glimpse of our Father's unconditional love for me. I am so thankful each day that the Lord saw fit to make me a mommy.


Ode to my moms... They say it takes a village to raise a child - well who knew how literal that would be? I have several mothers. I am loved, blessed and encouraged in different ways by each.


Terri - the woman who gave birth to me. Now that I too have given birth, I am more thankful for that because I know how hard it is!! My mother taught me to enjoy myself. My mom knows how to have fun, from taking us out of school on our birthdays for a day filled with play, to whipping up pancakes with my daughter sitting on the counter banging spoons together. My mother knows how to have fun. She sets up haunted houses and teaches children how to splash in mud puddles (yes it really is an art form - I can show you sometime). She has had some hard times and has still come out on the other side with a smile and a steak dinner to share. I love you Momma.


Tam - the mom who didn't have to be. Possibly the strongest person I know. She has taught me not only to know the right thing, but to do it, even when its hard. She is the best example of how to love well, even when it is not easy. She always takes on more than she should in an effort to help and to unburden others. Because of that, I feel more protective of her than my other mothers. I am so thankful that she is there for me to lean on and talk with. I love you Aunty Mommy.

Kandy - my dad's wife. She didn't have to be kind to me, I wasn't hers after all. She didn't have to make my favorite dessert, or a birthday cake for my birthday, or help with food for my wedding and KayLynn's birthdays. But she did. That's just who she is. We can always count on her to come over for dinner - and bring it with her! She is an amazing cook, and that is definitely her love language. I love you Kandy.

Shari - got this one from my husband! Probably the most encouraging woman on the planet. It does not matter what I do, this woman is my cheering section. It is such a blessing to have such and artistic cheer leading squad to back me up. I can always count on her to be the babysitter so Max and I can have a date - or even just relax together! Love you Mimi.

I am so thankful for the Lord's wisdom in giving me so many mothers to love and from whom to learn.

Happy Mothers Day.

No comments: