Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Why is teaching so hard?

I am sitting here in my living room while my daughter cries in her room. I realized lately that she has run of the house and she needs to remember that sometimes she needs to be contained - like in her room with all her toys (what a horrible mom I am!). But it is so hard. As she cries, so do I. I hate to see her upset, but it is for her character right? I promised myself when she was a few weeks old that my comfort would never be more important than her character. So, here I sit, praying, wishing that I could go pick her up and cuddle with her, but knowing that someday she will be able to understand.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Such an important lesson for you both. You will all be thankful in the months and years to follow, for having learned this lesson now. Good work mommy!

Erika said...

You just need someone to pat you on the back! It's a hard thing, but I know that it's worth it. Especially in the next couple years when she's going to learn to be her own person.
Keep it up!